Monday, December 28, 2009

The Cold, Lonely Road


So, training is always a lonely activity. It's definitely more fun when the weather heats up, the days are longer, and you can ride with some of your buddies. I look forward to those days.

But today was one of those days where I needed to log hours, a tone for pork eating since Thanksgiving, and begin to shed some pounds in anticipation of strong January rides. I was able to get out for about two hours combining two of my favorite routes: the Stuart/Mora and 10 Mile Creek.

A nagging slow leak in my rear to forced me to stop and hand-pump it several times. It's time to change that. It's a patch that I made that held pretty well. In the beginning the slow leak would only show itself after two or three days. Today, it was a matter of two or 3 miles. It's time for it to go.

This blog was never intended to be a training log. Years from now, I won't be interested in individual rides but in the trends,races, and experiences I do not of my first racing seasons. But to get this record moving again, it's necessary to start today by sharing a training ride.

I took a quick picture while I was on Kuna Mora Road after stopping to pump up my rear tire. It shows how much snow is still on the ground and making no effort to melt. That means it's cold. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment